Tuesday, February 04, 2003

Devika, I sent you a letter. Be on the look out.

With that said, I would like to report that I had a fabulous time with Ms. Teawrap last evening. If it weren't for this girl, I'd have no whimsy in my life. People, in general, are very suspicious of whimsy, I've noticed. This woman, when I told her I had the privilege of seeing a single, intact snow flake last week when one landed on the index finger of my glove--she, with all of the authentic wonder of a child, said "Wow!" I had never seen the infrastructure of one of these miraculous flakes before. She got that. She thought it was neat.

I am getting really wearied of most people's intolerance of what they don't understand or haven't experienced. In my opinon, people don't entertain fancy enough. And the result? A lot of sublimating through overeating and the watching of "reality" television. I know that's my guilt and shame. Talk about pedantic.

No comments: