Friday, February 21, 2003

Friday's Five Questions

1. What is your most prized material possession?

I own two of Mr. Renaissance's original paintings; they mean the world to me.

2. What item, that you currently own, have you had the longest?

I have a blue dress that I wore as a one-year-old; it has two pockets on the front. One is red gingham, the other, blue.

3. Are you a packrat?

No. I have made a real effort not to be even a de facto pack rat. I have duplications of some papers, but significant paring down has occurred. I don't have a ton of "possessions."

4. Do you prefer a spic-and-span clean house? Or is some clutter necessary to avoid the appearance of a museum?

I like a home to look lived in, but be neat. Clutter, I despise. When I'm out of sorts, sometimes I let things go. I feel ill-at-ease, however, and don't find that I can just happily abide in a house that is impersonating a trash heap.

5. Do the rooms in your house have a theme? Or is it a mixture of knick-knacks here and there?

I do not have the money or the means, yet, to indulge my desire for [understated] theme rooms. I don't have a lot of knick-knacks. I am contemptuous of bric-a-brac in general.

No comments: