Thursday, January 02, 2003

Unsatisfying Conversations

Have you ever gone through a period of having dialogues that fall flat no matter how hard you try to construct them to do otherwise? Lately, I have not been getting what I need from my verbal exchanges, because, I think, I need something very specific. Reassurance. And when you are needy the way that I am presently needy, nothing can really satisfy you. I can't expect anyone to bear the burden of holding my hand through this bout of uncertainty. If my friends had divine prophecies for me they would supply them.

No one can say to me 'Yes. A new job in the city where you live is right around the corner.' Or, 'Yes. you will be with him; the two of you belong together, and before you know it you will be exploring what it means to be in a relationship with him.'

What can I do then, when that is what I desperately want to hear? I need an apt verbal assessment of this phase of my life.

No comments: