Thursday, January 16, 2003

My first counseling meeting was preempted by the snow. I am so sick of snow. Once was cute, twice was something of a fluke for a midatlantic winter, three times is annoying. Definitely not a charm. So, I will wait until next week to begin this process. It always seems to be the case that I am waiting for the actual events of the various and sundry situations in which I find myself to catch up with what I know about said situations.

I referred to Mr. Renaissance as "my sweet" in an e-mail I sent him tonight. It was an unguarded moment in which I called him something I've called any number of friends before, but I was nervous after sending the note. It was not affectionate, per se, but more like "listen here, honey, you're gonna have to fish or cut bait..." kind of like that idea. I knew he wouldn't address it either way, but I didn't know how he would take it. And I feared his "silence" would be deafening as it always seems to be when I am feeling insecure.

All's well that ends well. He's already written me back, and if he felt violated, it didn't show in his reply. See. this is what I mean. I need not to worry about stuff like this.

Okay, so here's to hoping that my appointment to get braids goes off without a hitch. without a hitch. famous last words. And I mean that in a very non fatalistic kind of way...

No comments: