Saturday, January 04, 2003

Timing is Everything, But Then You Already Knew That

A few weeks ago I attempted to get a library card, but the process could not be completed because I did not have proof of my current address with me. Shortly after that I got sick, the holidays were upon us, and in general, I just felt a lack of motivation regarding it. Today, however, I decided, was the day I would go back and just get it taken care of. So I waited in line with my completed application, and 2 proofs of address. Just as I was about to be waited on, and old and dear friend shouted across to me from the book return line. We ended up talking and exchanging numbers, giving each other the quick and dirty versions of what had been happening for the last 3 or 4 years, promising to get together soon. I still remember when I first met her at church back in 1996 (or 1997) that first time--we had an instant connection and talked animatedly like old friends resuming a long running dialogue.

It is still a mystery to me the way things--even small things-- are held back, held off, aborted, even, until such a time as they ought to be brought to fruition.

I called and made an appointment at the Roots African Hair Braiding salon for 9 a.m. on January 20th. It's time now for something a bit sensual to start.

Presently, I am alone in the apartment listening to Miles's Kind of Blue..... the moon is a tiny sliver of a thing... and I am drinking a quasi dry red wine.

No comments: