Wednesday, January 01, 2003

How I Spent The First Day of 2003

I woke up at 10:10 or so this morning. His was the first call to my apartment; he was returning a call of mine from last night inviting him to a sort of New Years' Day brunch. He could not make it. Plans for dinner with Ms. F. had been downgraded to coffee, so I told him I would just see him later. But, before long, Ms. F. called to reschedule altogether. Seeing him today was not in the cards, I guess.

Eventually I showered, put on a tight black sweater and tight Levi's jeans, and ate a late afternoon repast of broccoli quiche and maple link sausages. Now I am nursing a Yuengling Black & Tan while reading more of the memoir of a woman I relate to in some ways, but not in others.

My bank account is overdrawn, and night has fallen on the first and very anticlimactic day of a new year. At least there is the weekend to look forward to.

No comments: