Thursday, January 30, 2003

The Doctor Is IN: 5 Cents Please

I have been wondering, for weeks now, how my first official counseling session would begin--what issues would surge to the forefront immediately--which ones would wait for weeks or months to come barreling out...

Mr. R came up immediately, in the context of the question, what was I doing back in the city where I presently live? My answer, in addition to the standard answer I give of preferring the city to the suburbs, was 'unfinished business.' Which begged the question 'What unfinished business?'

There you have it. Mr. R.

We also touched on my anger, my family dynamic, my sense of self....

I'm not saying there isn't more mystery to uncover, but it was a pretty thorough catch all for an opening session. I feel good about where it's all going.

No comments: