Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Interior Monologue

Sarahbina pointed out to me last night that I cannot serve two masters. I can either bow to the "logic" of my interior monologue, or I can exercise faith, unapologetically, where my hopes are concerned. There is a point at which the properties of truth that are held in one situation or paradigm override everything else. Sometimes truths co-exist. More often than not, one thing being proved true, proves millions of others false.

New Year's Eve was a low key affair. We had a few cocktails, some finger foods, and a nice movie viewing. For about twenty minutes after midnight, noisemakers, firecrackers, and a good deal of screaming could be heard reverberating through the south end of the city.

So here's a new shot to refuse to cop out, to do the right thing, to allow myself to own the truth of my life:

I am not too much of a mess to be desired.

No comments: