Friday, February 24, 2006

Yesterday was a day for making the train against all odds. I thought I'd miss the 2:45 train to DC because I had an appointment with the leasing agent at 2:30 to hand over my application, sign forms, etc., but I made it with about a minute to spare! Then, because two people, including me, didn't have poems last night, we got let out early. So, I got the 8:40, not the 10:45, home.

But before that I had dinner with the lovely Devika. We enjoyed cocktails, soup, salad (for her), and eggrolls (for me) at California Pizza Kitchen. Our server did not understand timing, or the nuances thereof, that are necessary to help the customer feel unrushed, and that the meal is being well-paced. He took soup I wasn't quite finished with (he didn't ask), and then later asked if I was done with a plate of food that I was obviously still eating from.

Anyway, the delightful surprise of the evening was that the adorable Monito made a cameo appearance, surprising both Devika and myself at the restaurant! We were just about wrapping up dinner when he arrived, so we settled the check and parted ways with him at Starbucks, where Devika and I stopped for a cappuccino before my class.

I could go on seeing her at least once a week for the rest of my life!

Oh, but check this out. I think that kid from my class last year, the one I went on the "date" with, might still be nursing a little crush on me. He's also in this workshop. I'd let my guard down a bit since he's made such a big deal about his woman friend being so into him and vice versa. Maybe she's his imaginary girlfriend....

No comments: