Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Valentine's Day/Presidents' Day Happenings

Sarah and I made the decision to exchange trinkets (inexpensive presents) for Valentine's day this year. Since her breakup with Michael, we've been trying to keep things that have the potential to get heavy and burdensome, light. So we set a 30-dollar limit way back in January for a mini gift exchange on Feb 14th (or thereabouts). We didn't get to open up our wares until this Saturday night (the 18th) when we got together, but it was so fun, almost better than Christmas, because there wasn't all this pressure to break the bank on mad crazy loot, yo.

I loved everything she got me! Three pairs of socks, two in the argyle style; A cocktail shaker (with a rubber grip, Devika will know what this means! No lost alcohol!) with an Anne Taintor illustration on the front; a milk frother; a mouse pad with an illustration of a dog that looks just like miss Babygirl; a children's book on not being rude (it's to help me with attitude adjustments when I get snarky :) ); a fantabulous set of drinking glasses that feature major world cities; and last but not least a pink& brown starbucks mug and gift card!

Other than that, I took off on Presidents' day (my company observes MLK's b-day instead) to deal with apartment stuff. I saw two places, called a few more, and set up some more appointments for later this week. At this point, it feels safe to say that I will know where I'm moving by Friday.

Also, got a nibble on a resume I sent out. Pray/send out good vibes. It's time for some things to shift!

No comments: