Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I saw a semi charming apartment in Charles Village last night. The rental rate is good given the location, but the space is too small for me. I'm looking to spread out, not contract. For those of you who pray, please pray that the place I am seeing today at 5 will work out. If you don't pray, per se, then send out loving vibes and good thoughts if you can!

I've realized something: My apartment search, in many ways, mimics my "search" for the perfect mate. Not that I'm searching now so much, but it is quite similar to that process as I've experienced it over the years. Of all the places I've seen, I can honestly say there was something about almost all of them that would make them convenient or pleasant in some way, but the feeling you get when you know has been missing. And that is crucial. Even that first place that I loved so much, but just didn't/don't feel quite right about...I have an appointment on Thursday morning to see that place again and potentially put down a security deposit on it. A large, for me, sum of money, that would hurt to lose. Maybe now I know how a woman might feel when she's on the verge of marrying the wrong man...

What I am hopeful for is that by the end of my appointment today I won't need to keep that meeting because I will have found my new home.

No comments: