Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hi, Space, it's nice to meet you; I'm Location.

The apartment I saw yesterday has all the antiquity and charm I admire, and is in a location that is roughly equidistant to work and the university, and the square footage for the price is amazing. And the space is really the selling point, because there is no dishwasher, or other new appliances included, but I'll forego a dishwasher for about double the space (both bedrooms are huge!) at only 30 dollars more a month than I'm paying now for this adorable matchbox I live in.

At this point, I am of the mindset that I'd like to move forward. I plan to take over my application today.

Here are the known pros:

Secure building
Vintage building (built in 1906)
equidistant to work and school
will cut my daily bus fare by about a third (one bus will get me to work now; no connection)
I can walk to my hair salon and many other excellent places from the locale (like the train station)
SQUARE FOOTAGE (1295 sq. ft)
Onsite management
Heat is included (it usually is in these older buildings)
The price is right

Here are the known cons:

No longer across the street from my gym
No longer have immediate access to the One World

No comments: