Monday, February 13, 2006

Irons in the Fire

This morning, after getting to work an hour and a half later than usual (weather-related complications), I hit the ground running. I prepared notes for a meeting, I started editing some new material, applied for a job, sent out some e-mails to friends, and sent out yet another apartment-related inquiry. I've started feeling an urgency around finding new work as intense as the urgency I feel about getting a new place to live. Tonight, after work, I'm going to see an apartment in a house in the Roland Park area. I don't have a gut instinct about it right now, but I think I'll know one way or the other after I see it.

The weekend, snow aside, was pleasant. I spent Saturday and Sunday with Sarah, as per usual, and we ate some great food and watched one really excellent movie, "Hustle & Flow." It's not something I was overtly interested in seeing at first, but my interest was piqued when I noted that it was up for a few prestigious awards. In any case, it was available at the video store on Saturday before the deluge of white really hit, so we snapped it up. I am so glad I saw this movie. It has a very important message to communicate, and does so while using the most base examples of humanity, while remaining compassionate toward those archetypes. I really appreciated it.

No comments: