Monday, February 06, 2006

I have a new colleague, also an editor. Today is his first day on the job. So far he's asked good questions and seems to have a solid grasp on things. In truth, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a better editor than I am. Often, I am bored by my job and a little too restless to really focus. Editors shouldn't be restless; they should be relentless in the quest to correct errors. I'd be a good content editor for books and magazines, I think. Not the comma splice kind who looks for erroneous punctuation, which is more like what I do now.

I've got a lead or two on the apartment front. I dreamt for the last two nights about living in one of the apartments I saw on Friday, but I decided that I needed to cut my losses and not hold out hope for something unrealistic. Something better could be right around the bend, and I don't want to miss out on it because I'm still stuck on the first thing I saw. I've done that far too many times in my life.

No comments: