Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tickets, Please

Okay, I've realized something. It is nearly impossible to tear myself away from time with Devika. Tonight she had me over to her apartment where she served me a delightful apricot martini (I had two actually!). We also enjoyed spinach salad with orange slices, toasted pine nuts, and balsamic (vinaigrette?) dressing. The mushroom pizza was absolutely delicious. My only regret is that I didn't get to finish my Turkish coffee at the end. It was 5:55 and I had to get going! We both tried to be mindful of the time and we were, but people, you have to understand. I never get to see her. For most of the years I've known this woman, I've never seen her twice in one year, let alone twice in the space of one week. Spending time talking to her is so comfortable and so enjoyable that I almost wish I could just skip class. Maybe I will once...

More good fortune. My prof gave me a ride home again tonight. I had gotten myself all psyched up to wait for that late train, but was spared the agony of the 2-hour lag. This afternoon as I was heading into DC via the MARC, I slept off and on. How can I describe sleep on a train? For me, it's complete surrender. A total rejection of the self-conscious preoccupation with the details that make up my life that usually compromises my rest.

Well honey-pies, tomorrow I do my first round of apartment inspections. I don't know what the future holds, but I'm getting up out of this matchbox.

No comments: