Friday, August 19, 2005

T Minus 1 Hour and 5 Minutes

The end of our last workday of Summer 2005 together. Tonight the Caryl-one and I will go to see this comedy; tomorrow it’s all practical stuff like laundry and brushing the dog’s teeth…the sadness of packing. Sunday, we brunch with Sarah, and at some point later in the day, my nearly-20-year-old-sister will leave after 3 months of being my roommate. A quarter of a year. It passed quickly, but it’s a significant chunk of time.

As an early birthday present, I picked up a copy of the coveted Napoleon Dynamite DVD and 2 slices of cheesecake (one cherry, one carrot) from The Cheesecake Factory, and gave them to her at lunchtime.

Fortunately, Catherine left me several books I can read for the next couple of weeks before school starts. They’ll take my mind off missing her so much… and Miss Babygirl will certainly keep me on my toes. I’m sure I’ll miss her like the dickens in about a month’s time, too.

No comments: