Saturday, August 20, 2005

The movie was genuinely funny... not just crass, though it was certainly that in many places; not just boy humour, thought it was that, too, in several places; not just about being deflowered, though that does happen, naturally. An older couple left about 15 minutes into the movie. I have to wonder what they were thinking by choosing this particular film...what were they expecting? But really, all in all, I thought it was a thinking person's raunchy comedy.

BabyG and I awoke at 6:30, an hour later than usual in honour of the weekend, and went for our morning walk, afterwhich we crawled back into bed with Caryl (the three of us all sleep in one bed) and went back to sleep for two more hours. We breakfasted on turkey bacon, eggs, and chai tea. Baby just ate her doggie treats, which to her are so commonplace, she sees them as a very par for the course occurrence.

Delighted by a five pound drop, I hustled to the gym. On my way back to the apartment, I was greeted by my two roommates who were on their way out for walk #2 of the day. I joined them for an extra long jaunt to some new places and new grass that BabyGirl had yet to explore.

Caryl and I lunched at the One World. I had a delightful tuna on multigrain bread with wasabi mayo and China Jasmine green tea. We didn't talk much over the meal, just kind of observed the interaction between a young mom and her precocious daughter.

The afternoon has been all about lounging while watching Napoleon D, reading, and another quick turn around the neighborhood for the dog. I firmly believe that canines need a lot of exercise, and the weekends are a good time to shower the one in my charge with all the fresh air she can handle. I always feel so guilty for the amount of time she has to just wait here in the apartment while I'm at work...I leave the television on for her so she can have the comfort of voices. I don't know if it matters to her or not, but I feel better for doing it.

Ah well. It seems that Caryl and I will spend the night burning cds for her and doing laundry.

No comments: