Monday, August 29, 2005

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

I ultimately want to make a living on my own terms. To that end, I have decided that freelance editing may be my ticket out of the 9 to 5 grind. I'm formulating a plan to drum up business via advertising; I'll join forces with Sarah, editor extraordinnaire, and keep my day job until we develop a solid client base.

On other fronts, once I reach my goal weight (am about 42 pounds shy of that now), I am going to sign up with some type of dating service. I'm at that age where love is more a practical matter than one of serendipity. I had hoped it wouldn't come to this; the idea of a dating service (0nline or otherwise) was never my "thing," but "my thing" is decidedly ineffective.

Of course 42 pounds is another 3 to 6 months away, so a lot can happen between now and then, but at this point, that's my resolution. To take steps to get the life and love I want.

No comments: