Saturday, August 06, 2005

Revamped

Sarah picked up Caryl and myself this morning for what was supposed to be a day outing that featured a) shopping for a few holdover clothing items for me, b) lunch, and c) a viewing of the Diane Lane/John Cusack vehicle, "Must Love Dogs."

Well, I don't just have a few holdover items. I have an entire wardrobe of new clothes...and it took up almost the entire afternoon. I kept mentioning the movie, but Sarah and Caryl seemed to agree that new clothes trumped the picture show, since everything I owned when I left this morning is ridiculously large on me. Essentially, I'd been wearing my sister's clothes almost exclusively for the last several weeks anyway.

It was thrillig to realize that I was a size smaller than I anticpated in Lane Bryant's clothes. Within 10 to 15 pounds, I will be too small for their clothes altogether. I have so appreciated them over the years, because they make truly appealing clothing for larger women, and in some ways I will miss being able to shop there, but it's just another adjustment I'll be happy to make.

We ended up going to Hecht's too, where I bought some other necessary items, like an all-purpose, black tank top. We finished up at a store I'd never heard of, but with which my sister is familiar, called Deb. They also specialize in fun, funky clothes for larger girls/women. I scored 3 pairs of jeans! Now, I have 5 pair. My sister gave me the Jordache jeans of hers that she's lent me on several occasions, and I got one awesome, dark flare pair at LB.

Shopping makes you hungry! We went to Tony Roma's for lunch. I got a very sensible chix breast with vegetable sides meal. The three of us also shared bbq chicken flat bread for a starter.

Once we got home, Caryl and I had a little fashion show (she also picked up some new stuff), and I bagged up nearly everything that was in my closet to deposit into the yellow Planet Aid bin near my job on Monday morning.

Now I just have one worry. That I will like my new clothes so much and enjoy how great I look in them that it will cause my weightloss to stagnate. Most of this is psychological... my old, big clothes motivated me b/c I could see how far I'd come... I just have to keep going. The good thing, I guess, is that I got everything very fitted, not too big (as I usually would), so maybe that can be a new source of motivation.

Oh, and I finally scored workout gear. Not a moment too soon, because my old sweats are falling down...

No comments: