Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Impromptu

So, E calls yesterday and mentions how much she is in the mood to go back to Chiaparelli's in the near future. Since Caryl and I had planned to go there for lunch this week, I suggest to E that we go for dinner on Wednesday night, instead. It's a plan, we conclude.

This evening, she picks us up in her burgundy Explorer and couriers us down there where we met up with her sister. I see E's manager pal again. No major sparkage this time. He's a sweet guy, totally friendly, and just as personable as ever, but it is what it was, and that is cool with me. You may be thinking 'no, duh,' but trust me, in the past I have gotten invested way quick on less than sparkage. I like this new, zen me, who responds appropriately and proportionately to mundane things that would have wrenched me in the past. I see this guy not being interested in me in the light of day, and I don't mind...any part of it...in truth, I'm not interested either, and that's not Sour Grapes talking.

By the by, I have some sumptuous leftovers for tomorrow.

In other news, I think I've lost a few pounds. And Babygirl, now that I've learned how to control her little self, was a champ on her walk tonight. Yes, that's right, I'm the Alpha in this pack.

No comments: