Friday, August 26, 2005

My stepfather, with whom I have had a strained relationship for several years, called me last night. I was genuinely glad to hear from him; today is his birthday, and I wanted to telephone him, but didn't want to go through the rigamarole of pinning my mother down long enough to give me his number. Our chat was brief, but satisfying.

His call interrupted a long overdue conversation I was having with Naomi of New Mexico. She was telling me all about her newish kitten and how it's a handful. I've pretty much decided that once Babyg leaves, I am not going to get a pet of my own. I'm so glad I waited. It's good to think things through, I guess.

Today is another half day for me, but instead of coming right home, I'm doing lunch and a movie with Sarah. So looking forward to seeing her.

No comments: