Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Living Testament

My 32nd birthday is just around the bend, so it seems like a good time for a State of the Union entry.

My friends and fellow bloggers, let me begin by saying that the state of the union (of my mind, body, and soul) is strong! [Wild applause; standing ovation]

After the catastrophes of emotional war (known simply as "The Debacle"), I have gained the upperhand on the battlefields, the only casualties being unhelpful paradigms and misguided expectations and hopes. I mourned those, now let the rejoicing that comes with letting go commence. [rousing applause]

Okay, in all seriousness, my heart, head, and body all seem to be in a good place, at the same time. Unprecedented. I can say, with all sincerity, what does not kill you does indeed make you stronger.

I'm grateful for the peace I have....about everything...I'm glad to go home tonight, walk my dog, and do laundry. It's a blessing that such a lovely, uncomplicated evening awaits me. Things are good. So good.

No comments: