Friday, August 05, 2005

I am ready for something more...

I assumed after the unrequited love debacle that reached its tragic conclusion this winter, that I would be in emotional hibernation for quite some time. Consumed by my weightloss efforts and the business of processing how sad I was, I figured it would be at least a year before I could even think about starting a relationship, should one present itself.

A few weeks ago, I started to feel a curious stirring. It ocurred to me that maybe I should pray for God to send the man he has for me...but I quickly nixed this idea. It didn't fit in with my concept of when I should put myself back in that position of hope and readiness.

Being only halfway (52 pounds!) to my overall goal, it seems premature to even entertain the idea--in my mind, the weightloss is synonymous with emotional healing. But this feeling that the time has come will not go away. My first instinct is to mistrust the notion. Nothing good has ever come from it in the past...

But for what it's worth, I'm putting it out there.

No comments: