Sunday, November 28, 2004

It's been a delicious past couple of days. My Thanksgiving fare turned out alright. A couple of minor snafus pushed dinner back by a couple of hours. My unreliable oven went out and my kitchen sink was clogged. I was forced to call emergency maintenance for what would typically be non-emergencies, except that it was Thanksgiving. The oven has been acting up a lot lately, and that was the worst possible day to have to even think about being without it. In any case, I was not denied assistance (which they could have technically done), and though the maintenance man was put out, everything was made okay in a matter of minutes.

With the aid of my sister I found my rogue box of Christmas ornaments and lights. It was pushed back in the overhead storage compartment next to my hall closet. She got them down for me, and while the oven was being tinkered, we got the lights on the tree and placed the few baubles that I do own onto the branches. Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be purchasing some more. I started my new collection last night in Hampden (Catherine was visiting and we were tooling around on the Avenue).

Dinner with my mom, Caryl, and Jim on Friday was nice in that it was stress free. I made the macaroni and cheese casserole,and it turned out well. While I was there my mom gave me a couple of tabletop christmas trees--one green and one white. I'll buy a few tiny ornaments for those too. After watching a couple of movies mom and Jim drove me home.

Before Catherine showed up yesterday afternoon I made a morning of cleaning up for her arrival. I also made a mix of Christmas songs. Tomorrow, I am off work. Sarah and I are going to do some serious shopping! Tonight, I go to her place and we will see "The Edge of Reason" together. Absolutely perfect.

No comments: