Friday, November 19, 2004

O, Tannenbaum

Okay, so the tree, once put together, is bigger than the space I had allotted for it. I guess I failed to take into consideration that branches protrude behind, outward, forward... So, I moved the foyer table to a less organic spot, and the tree is taking up the lion's share of the entry way space. The good news? Entering/Leaving by way of the front door is in no way obstructed, but the feung shui? Off. Way off.

Maybe it will look better when I rig up the lights and bedeck it with glowing spherically shaped ornaments and the like. I know it'll look great with some christmas loot underneath it. Essentially putting together my artificial, pvc dream of a tree, forced me to confront the fact that my apartment really needs to be cleaned up. You can't put sugar on shit, pardon my french, and expect it not to smell. No point having a majestic Christmas decoration in a dusty room.

So tonight I'm getting on my hands and knees and am giving my kitchen floor a good scrub (along with a nice, disinfecting bath for the stove top and the counters). Then, I'll make my way to the bathroom to get that in good shape.

Am having the lovely Quill over tomorrow, so the place needs a spit shine anyway. Other than this visit, I expect to hang out with Sarah tomorrow evening, and come home on Sunday in time to go to a poetry reading in Hampden at Mina's.

No comments: