Friday, November 12, 2004

Devika and her El Mono were all over my dreams last night. They were coming to visit me, but were delayed. Devika called my cell, and I knew it was her because of this sonorous jazz ring tone I'd attributed to her number in my phone's directory. The apartment in the dream was the one that Sarah and I lived in, in Mt. Vernon, but I was giving Devika directions as though I lived in Montgomery County. I kept referencing roads and metro stations that are located there. The second time she called me in this dream it was to say that they were lost. I think I said something like "can't you just get on the beltway?" after trying to give her several other points of reference that weren't sounding familiar to her. She said something like "Um, Is that the only way...?"

By the time they arrived, I lived alone in my current apartment, but my mother and Jim had traded out my furniture for a white wicker set up! I was totally put upon, but did like this one corner of the room my mom had decorated. There was a desk, positioned catty corner; it was dark wood, in the same style of the accompanying pieces I have now. Seeing something that was so close to my own taste placated me, and I decided not to raise a fuss about the wicker, but I did wonder where my sage green couches had gone...

Suddenly, Devika, El Mono, two children (including one very plump baby girl)and a Russian friend of theirs, and me were in this car together. We were setting off on some kind of day trip,but El Mono missed the turn out of the Shady Grove Metro parking lot, so we were waylaid. Devika had let her hair grow insanely long and was carrying some type of hair product with her to help her manage it.

Then... back at my apartment, sans children. The three of us (Devika, El Mono, and Me) crashed a dog obedience training at a local french-style cafe. The dogs were all these scruffy looking mutt types. They were learning to say "thank you" by putting on certain facial expressions and certain gestures. They were really dirty.

The rest is a blur... oh, I do recall that I was in a scene with some Smallville characters in which I was trying out a new technique of recording songs just using water from a cooler.

***********************************************

It is so bleah out today. Why is it that no matter what time I go to bed, I wake up feeling exhausted? Anybody got any helpful hints for waking up with energy?

No comments: