Saturday, November 20, 2004

For lunch with Quill:

sweet butternut squash puree
crab salad
(and perhaps salmon with creamy tamarind sauce)
breaded eggplant discs

Afterward, if she is interested, I thought a craft fair at the quaker school up the road would be a fun turn.

I cleaned last night as I promised myself I would, and I feel better for it. I managed to work out a new "tree schematic," and now it is happily residing in my living room. The sense of balance and reason is back.

I dreamed about Gordon again last night (I believe I have every night this week). I dreamed that I was trying to call someone, but accidentally dialed his number. This was a small-scale disaster since "the ball was in his court" in terms of contact,and by calling I was breaching an unspoken understanding. I debated hanging up before he answered, but thought that would seem even worse since my number would still show up under "missed calls" in his phone display. It was odd, also, because I had been rather painstaking about the dialing; I was trying not to accidentally ring him up.

When he answered he was very busy and decidedly peeved. His tone was one of exasperation, and my excuse that I had mistakenly called him sounded flimsy, even to me, despite the fact that I knew it was true.

No comments: