Thursday, November 25, 2004

The sun is waxing rebellious and shining brightly, illuminating all the rainy, slick sidewalks. This is supposed to be a mostly cloudy day with a few showers, but when I saw the bright light punching holes through the thick gray, it seemed indicative of grace. I was a bit overwhelmed yesterday with the implications of where I left things with Gordon, overwhelmed about the fact that I am again low on money and need my next paycheck, like today... I need that Sprint rebate ASAP...but all of these things are beyond me at the moment. No amount of pondering is going to conjure up money, resolution, or anything else.

Today is my shot at really seeing the Hand of God at work, if I want to see it. My sister is sleeping, fighting every step the notion that she needs to get up so we can get this party underway. We are going to have a feast for two. We are going to watch movies, decorate a tree, talk about the new boy she likes, and listen to music.

How could I forget for an instant that I am more blessed than I can recount? Even the closed doors, somehow, lead to blessing.

No comments: