Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Who's the patron saint of miscommunications?

Hmm. what to say about the current state of affairs...? Well, I sent out my terse, but not snide reply to Gordon yesterday afternoon. Last evening I was sent a somewhat apologetic response, but one in which it was asserted that he would basically not be coming to the reading... so there it was all laid out there. The truth of where I fall in the hierarchy of things/people that are a priority to him. So, today, late morning, I sent a reply in which I was going for a measure of genuine communication about the implications of his decision. Not asking him to change his mind, but going for the point beyond the surface of this debacle. I was met with a reassertion of his commitment to his long-standing position about e-mail ettiquette and some bs dissertation on how sometimes plans have to be rescheduled. I replied one final time letting him know that his thoughts on this did not escape me, but that I did not feel that my most recent e-mail sought to undermine the fact that he is busy and frazzled, but that it was clear to me that we are not seeing the issue the same way, and to that end, should end this particular thread of communication since it's been unsuccessful.

So, that's that then? I guess so.

No comments: