Friday, October 01, 2004

Grey Turtleneck

It is definitely cold this morning. I am wishing I had just bought that leather coat now, but it really is too late. Other things came up, the two and three times over that I could have bought that coat, and the moment has passed. So, today, I am wearing the grey turtleneck that is my favourite underneath my basic black cardigan with khaki pants and comfortable brown, slip on shoes.

I boiled the leftover coffee in the karafe (from what I made before leaving for class last night) and drank it over the course of my bus commute, slowly, the way I best like to drink coffee--and listened to Jill Scott wrap her voice around the topics of sex, old boyfriends, problematic relatives at a family reunion, and politics.

Now I hear the consistent ringing of a hammer on steel as construction workers pound a new structure into place about a block away. What will this day be like? I wonder...

No comments: