Saturday, October 30, 2004

How to Boil Coffee

My favourite method of reheating coffee is to boil it in a sauce pan. Last winter when my microwave blew I had to go back to the old ways--reheating leftovers on the stove top or in the oven. I discovered that things taste so much better that way! Who knew, but I love boiled coffee! The microwave is the metaphor for instant gratification. You may get it fast and it may be convenient, but at the expense of the superior element.

Today was a great food day. For lunch (skipped the most important meal of the day this morning) I had creamy portabella soup, crab salad (sour cream, mayo, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice (a hint), scallions, and Old Bay, of course) and garlic and cheese drop biscuits. This delectable meal was my reward for getting that eyesore of an A/C unit out of sight and safely hidden in my closet, paying my rent and mailing off bills, and for tidying up the kitchen.

After that I attempted to watch "The Philadelphia Story," but got interrupted by a phone call--I lost my steam, temporarily, for cinematic pursuits, so I went on a long leaf walk. I collected some real beauties to decorate the foyer table.

I did finally finish the film, and have to say that I am loving these 40s era screwball romances. Hello Cary Grant! Now I undertand what all the fuss was about.

Michael and Sarah are on their way--We're going to Rita's for one last gelatti. This is the last weekend they're open until the late spring. Seasonal delight! How fitting to have a final taste on the night we all fall back...

No comments: