Monday, October 11, 2004

Civic Responsibility

My name has been drawn for jury duty several times, but in every instance, until now I've been ineligible due to having moved from the province in which I was being summonded. In truth, I was always relieved. I saw the idea of serving on a jury as a burden, a complete interruption of my own routine, etc. My name has been drawn once more, and this time, there is nothing to prevent me from answering the call. I mailed in the jury participant questionnaire this morning, and will now wait for the city of Charm to let me know when to report for duty. I'm actually looking forward to it, and have no plans, as I had in the past, to get myself excused by coming off very judgmental and biased against whatever crime for which the suspect was being tried.

No comments: