Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Skipped

I had planned to bail on lit class tonight so that I could work on my novel. I know that sounds irresponsible, but the way I figured it, I'm in a writing program. I didn't have the heart to even think about venturing out in that cold, spitting rain to discuss a book I didn't even finish (Season of the Migration to the North). Well, in an ironic plot twist, I didn't go to class tonight, but not for the reason I laid out earlier. Toward the end of my work day I started experiencing muscle twitches at the base of my neck. There was no way I was going to class or working on my novel. Basically, I slept on my love seat for a couple of hours after taking a medicinal coke and vanilla vodka. A few hours later I took some ibuprofen, and now I'm on my second cup of tension tamer tea. Am finally fanning up a bit.

Today was a lousy hair day for me. I managed to get to work on time (yesterday I overslept), but was miserable for most of the morning--just too tired to think. I'm going to bed in about 15 minutes--a momentum of soothing beverages, over the counter tablets, and sleep are the only things that keep my tension at bay.

Oh, and new coats.

No comments: