Monday, October 25, 2004

Some things happen on schedule, thank God. I came home to find that my windows had,indeed, been replaced. The old, jerky vintage ones replaced with well-sealed, fluidly opening and closing ones. It was probably 10 degrees warmer inside when I came in than it would normally be these days. Last night, it was downright frigid. Additionally, I had both of the ac units removed, so that will also cut down on the draft.

I put everything back in order after I got in from class tonight, and feel more centered now that the paintings are back on the walls, the couches uncovered, and the curtains rehung.

In another stroke of good fortune, the elevator in my building was also fixed--so I didn't have to schlep my self and my belongings up 4 flights of stairs as I have for the last couple of days.

I am presently calling up the vendor daily to ask them where exactly my coat is. I set it up so that it would be sent to me at my job, figuring UPS would be the courier, and knowing the delivery would be impossible to miss that way. Well, this company uses an ineffective 2-party system. The postal service via DHL. Clearly, someone's cousin works in somebody's office, and that's how they got harangued into going with that outfit. I paid about 15 dollars for shipping on a coat that supposedly got delivered via DHL to the post office 5 days ago. It has yet to make it to me. I called the post office this morning and was told that I should call back tomorrow if I still don't have it. I tried to stress to this person with whom I spoke that an unreasonable amount of lag time had already passed.

The reps at the vendor's headquarters are making an effort at being helpful, but it is clear to me that it has not yet dawned on them that they are culpable since they have a significant amount of my money, and I do not have their product. The whole thing has been stressing me out. If I don't have what I ordered by Wednesday, I will be asking them to send me another one, free of charge, overnight.

No comments: