Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The Wonder of Tofu

Due to some budgetary snags I've had to do some economizing recently. Yesterday, before leaving work, I did some grocery shopping at Whole Foods--I was in "tide me over" mode--being low on supplies and not having lots of extra cash. In any event, I suddenly remembered tofu! Last night I pan fried seasoned tofu with baby bella mushrooms in butter and then tossed the mixture into some pine nut couscous. It was delicious. As most of you know, I love meat, and about this I am unapologetic, but I didn't miss it last night.

Am making satisfactory headway with The Woman in the Dunes by Kobo Abe--the next existential crisis on the syllabus for 20th Century World lit. These books have all been excellent so far, but I am so tired of the theme of [hu]man's powerlessness against an unseen, indecipherable beauracracy!

Monday night is a prime television watching night for me, and none of my shows disappointed...something else I'm unapologetic about? My love of a good situational comedy. I want to explore the theme of "The Modern Day Sit Com as a Kafkaesque Convention." Yes, Franz is still on my mind. Clearly, he's my conceptual lover this fall. Kafka, everyone. Everyone,Kafka.

No comments: