Thursday, October 28, 2004

His Girl Friday

I have several classic films in my Netflix queue, one of which was Cary Grant's and Rosalind Russell's "His Girl Friday," made in 1940. I watched it last night (sandwiching "Smallville" in between viewings)and was very impressed with the comedic depth, timing, and substance of the film. I also received "The Philadelphia Story," which I believe I will save for Saturday morning (some movies are Saturday morning movies, have you noticed that?) and "Lost in Translation," which I will watch tonight.

I have been pushing the echinacea hard for the last couple of days. I feel my immune system wanting to cave due to the stress I've been under and the lack of a good night's sleep. Last week's ailment was neck tension. Now, in the course of the last day, I've developed a painful sore on the back of my gum, which usually happens when I'm sleep or vitamin c deprived.

Well I'm off to read the news. There was a deadly shooting along my bus route yesterday. By the time I left work it was over and done with, but my bus driver had to detour a bit because a solid block was taped off, reporters and cops scurrying about...

No comments: