Thursday, October 14, 2004

Time: After Poetry Workshop
Place: The boudoir
Lighting: Overhead/Bright
Listening to: "What a Good Boy" (Barenaked Ladies)
Avoiding: Writing out checks for bills

Well I seem to be out of the phase in which I need to watch "Down With Love" every day after work. Sometimes I go through phases where obsessive repetition comforts me. For me, that movie represented putting the 9 to 5 behind me and believing in a glossy, happy ending for an hour and a half. My love for this anachronistic film is by no means gone, but I don't need to pop it into the DVD player for a while yet.

Setting up Netflix threw my bank account into temporary peril. As is sometimes the case, when you sign up for a free trial, but need to use your credit card (or check card, as was the case for me this time), the funds are not actually removed, but they are held in abeyance for a period of time until the merchant releases them (they do this to ensure that you can actually afford what the service will eventually cost). Well, I don't technically start paying Netflix for 2 more weeks, but the "holding" of the funds meant my bank account was reading negative 9 dollars for the last 5 days! This doesn't always happen, and I didn't think of it until too late. Anyway, the money was "put back" today and I was back "in the black." I'm so glad tomorrow is pay day.

Mostly I can't wait to grocery shop. I've been existing on peanutbutter and other "desperate times call for desperate measures" fare. I ran out anything that might constitute a viable, filling meal on Tuesay. If it hadn't been for Gordon's willingness to share his dinner with me last night, I would have gone hungry. I hung out at his place watching TV (syndicated sit coms in the early evening) then we went to his art studio so I could check out something he wanted me to look at, and then back to his place for Smallville. I am such a martyr... If he hadn't asked if I was sure I didn't want anything twice I would have just waited till I got home at 9:15 to eat something meager.

Tonight, I chopped up a zucchini, sauteed it in olive oil, salted and peppered the discs, then put them into a pot of butternut squash soup with melted cheese. Delish!

Reaction to my poem I workshopped tonight was helpful, constructive. And to think, I didn't really feel like going.

No comments: