Sunday, October 17, 2004

Super Size Me

I finally saw this docu today--twice--once with Sarah this morning and again this evening with G, who also wanted to see it. I'm by no means a fast food junkie, but I have always loved McDonald's...and I wasn't under the impression for a minute that it was a good choice, nutrition wise, but after seeing this film, it just made me feel that having even a bite of the fare will send me to my grave. I'm not saying I'll never partake again, but it grossed me out, like, totally.

I watched Mystic River on Saturday morning. Sean Penn's public politicking I sometimes find vexing, but I respect him as an actor very much. Even the usually forgettable Tim Robbins gave a credible turn in his role, and I was pleased that he (and Penn) garnered an Oscar for the performance.

At Target on Saturday afternoon procuring Michael's present (his b-day was friday; his party on Saturday evening), I also ended up scoring a new wallet and a beautiful velvet pillow and throw blanket with tassels on clearance. Today I went grocery shopping and I am so happy to have a stocked fridge and cabinets again with things like scallions, leeks, cheddar cheese, double spiced black chai, black beans, and garlic and cheese drop biscuit mix.

Now when my coat comes, it'll be nothing but bliss for at least a week. When I told G that I got it, he said 'oh, this is the coat you've been pining for...' and I was all like 'yeah, worse than if it were a man....'

I'm balls out for the balance of 2004.

No comments: