Sunday, August 01, 2004

Seduced by the Dollar Tree

Who remembered those "Everything's a dollar!" stores? It seems that I forgot, at any rate. On Saturday, Sarah and I made a trip to Payless because I badly needed shoes, and directly adjacent to the shoe store was one of these places. We went in on a lark, and I ended up getting so much great stuff for under twenty bucks! Let me recount the purchases:

4 scented candles {spiced pear, ginger snaps, vanilla, and carrot cake}
12 unscented tea lights
a refillable torch lighter
a set of 10 coat/clothes hangers in a nice mint green colour
trash bags {lemon scented}
paper towels
2 four-packs of toilet paper
a four-pack of AA batteries (!!!)
a round brush
hand lotion for my purse
cotton swabs
body wash
2 fine point Uniball Deluxe pens
1 gel impact Uniball Deluxe pen

I could hardly wait to get home so I could begin enjoying my new wares. In addition to these necessities (and a few fun things), I also bought three pairs of new shoes, and a new journal for notetaking from Barnes and Noble. I went into a Sprint PCS store and started windowshopping for new cell phones. I called my provider (Sprint) on Friday and they told me that I am indeed eligible for their phone rebate offers. So now, I just need a new printer and a new cell, and that will really end the big ticket purchases for a while.

I had a wonderfully relaxing time in VA with Sarah and her parents. Their new house is lovely and suits them very well. I love these people for many reasons, the least of which is not that they believe in a cocktail hour, honey. Sarah's dad makes the best gin and tonics. Last night we enjoyed London broil, eggplant parmesan, salad, and boiled new potatoes with butter, salt, and pepper.

Now I am back in my own digs with all my things about me. And I feel very settled in, ready to entertain a friend and her boyfriend for the evening.

No comments: