Sunday, August 29, 2004

I arrived in front of XS at about 12:50; I stood outside on the off chance that Devika and El Mono had not yet arrived/gone inside. I turned, at one point, to look inside the restaurant window and saw Devika making her way down the stairs, in a winning quasi sheer pink frock shirt, looking absolutely beautiful. We hugged and then went up to join her husband, who also greeted me with a hug.

It was wonderful to have time to linger over a meal with them, to chat, become acquainted (El Mono and I),and to debrief about work and many of the elements of life Devika and I usually "unpack" by way of our letters. It was just so easy to be with them and enjoy them as a couple, but also as two wonderfully intelligent, socially adept adults. I loved observing their relationship and how they interact as husband and wife.

After they left I got ready to join up with Sarah for the evening...we met her parents for lunch in No.VA today to celebrate my birthday (next Saturday!) a bit early. Sarah also bought me a few early presents from Williams Sonoma (sale!) before we left the mall (glass pitcher and a chocolate ceramic loaf pan).

I've been home for less than a half hour, but am already back in my little pattern of checking e-mail, blogging, etc. Can't believe it's already time to go back to work tomorrow.

No comments: