Saturday, August 28, 2004

Accomplished

I left work a bit early yesterday (half hour) so that I could get a jump on my busy evening of posting my resume on a couple of search engines, job searching, and working on the romance. You'll be happy to know that new plot twists involve New York, a nearly fatal car accident, and a vixen!

I also ordered some cds from BMG; I had 6 free ones coming to me. I got india.arie's "Voyage to India," The best of Chaka Khan, The best of Ashford & Simpson, Bob Dylan's "Blood on the Tracks," and "Love and Theft," and finally Jane Monheit's "In the Sun."

I work up at 7:40 this morning to finish tidying up for Devika's visit. The challenge in keeping my apartment clean, I'm realizing, is keeping the dust that congregates on my hard wood floors to a minimum. I also packed up my slightly malfunctioning stereo that my mother is all too happy to take off my hands, since I am getting a newer one from my friend.

I have some toast in the oven, I'm soaking the new Brita filter, and listening to G. Love and Special Sauce. I think it's going to be a good day.

No comments: