Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I think I sprained my finger. While vigorously wiping down my kitchen counters, I managed to push too hard on the second to last finger, and though I can bend it and have full use of the hand, including that finger, it feels a bit stressed. It doesn't hurt, per se, but I do have an odd sensation when I apply pressure to it or use it in a certain way.

Am continuing to ponder the leather coat I first saw a month ago and nearly purchased this weekend. Almost ordered it online this morning, but stopped myself and forced myself to come to terms with the fact that I cannot afford it. Must. not. purchase. camel-coloured. leather. coat. even. though. I. would. look. great. in. it.

In all my grad school fantasies, I am wearing this thing. I am sitting outside a cafe at a table in mid fall when it's just getting cool, sipping a vanilla latte. I am traipsing about in Charles Village, doing my marketing, paying for things in cash. I am fresh from the hair salon, looking drop dead gorgeous, on my way to The Charles to catch a matinee.

This was to be my version of Audrey Hepburn's black dress.

No comments: