Saturday, August 07, 2004

Mango Pancakes

I woke up at 7:30 this morning to shower and wash and style my hair. My pixie's gotten some body and volume in the weeks since my last salon appointment, so I looked especially cute (I felt) in an oversized button down shirt and ripped jeans, with a bit of batter smeared on my cheek (unintentional).

I took the time to make the mango compote for the pancakes last night to save time this morning when I'd be responsible for making bacon, the flap jacks, coffee, and orange juice frothies (orange sherbet, mandarin oranges and pulp free oj with a splash of half and half,frapped in the blender).

Gordon didn't eat much, as I knew he wouldn't (not liking fruit, or much beyond toast for the inaugural meal of the day). But he ate some bacon, loved the frothie, and had the requisite cup 'o joe.

We took the painting outside so he could photograph it (in order to make the prints), he chatted amiably with me and my sister, checked out my new furniture and computer ("I love your opulent apartment,Kate."). I even showed him the two poems I wrote yesterday, of which I am extremely proud.

He had a full afternoon of errands lined up, so he left after an hour and a half--but I wasn't disappointed. I loved the vibe with him this morning... I appreciated how much he appreciated my hair... I am a woman, afterall.

No comments: