Friday, June 15, 2007

Yesterday was ideal...

sometimes I wish I was independently wealthy so I could have days like this all the time. Waking up to go exercise, then trotting off to have a day in the city with a dear friend. I could also be a true patron the arts and good causes with my money.

In any case, after a rewarding spin class, I went back to my apartment to get ready to head down to DC. Devika and I met up very near the Tapas restaurant (Jaleo) where we were going for lunch. She looked so amazing and chic, not to mention happy. We spread out our meal over a good two-hour stretch. It was all very European. I budgeted for a more rich food intake, so yesterday's breakfast was appropriately light. And because we shared everything, I still felt like it was reasonable, calorically-speaking. My main concern, though, was to enjoy my friend and the ritual of breaking bread (I did avoid the actual bread basket). We even got dessert (also shared)! Because we took our time, I didn't eat again for the rest of the day (I was fine, believe me) until right before bed (I had one laughing cow cheese wedge--a mere 35 calories--because I was peckish).

We also walked around a bit and went pen shopping! D has a real pen fetish, so I needed her to school me. I ended up purchasing a lovely brown and copper Retro 51! It writes like a dream.

Did the cross country program on the elliptical (45 minutes!) again this morning. A nice 480 calories burned and I'm in a great mood! Tonight, there's an Os game. I refuse to eat stadium food, so I've planned to have a little something right at around 5 before I leave to stave off the hunger and any resulting cravings for a fat-laden hot dog.

No comments: