Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Sunshine State . . .

is hot, in case you were wondering. The last time I was here I was eight, which means it was 1981. My uncle and his then girlfriend took me, her daughter, and another kid (whose name and affiliation I forget) to Walt Disney World. It's got me thinking. I could have no more conjectured that someday I would be back, as a woman in her early 30s, on a business trip than I could have conjectured that someday, as an 8-year-old, I would be at the Magic Kingdom. There's something so mysterious about how and why we end up in certain places at certain times under certain circumstances.

I should be back in the city that I love, where I chronicle my life--my heartbreaks and triumphs--tomorrow night. Business as usual on Friday morning.

For a number of reasons, the workout just couldn't happen this morning, but tomorrow is looking good. Two ellipticals in the exercise room here!

Even more, I've been eating very reasonably since I got here--and less!

No comments: