Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Learning to Eschew the Straight Line

In all likelihood, it's my hip, not my quad, which makes much more sense given the particulars of my situation. Were it my quad I'm sure my movements would be even more restricted. I'm trying to see this hip strain as a gift, as an opportunity. I'm trying to see every inconvenience, every blip, every instance of what I am calling "strangeness" these days, as a chance to experience something I wouldn't have otherwise. I am taking the opportunity to focus on my upper body. I did a rotation of weight machines that worked the abs, obliques, lateral delts, biceps, triceps, and shoulders this morning.

My Little Bird Has Flown Home to Me

I talked to Caryl last night, several hours after her flight touched down. Hers was the last voice I had before going to sleep. As I expected she had some pretty funny and amazing stories, including one involving a man called Guisseppe (sp?)! As for her traveling companions, they've decided that "what happens in Italy stays in Italy!" Naturally.

No comments: