Thursday, June 07, 2007

Good News

Out of necessity, it's been a very low-key workout week. I woke up yesterday morning with some soreness and stiffness in the afflicted area, so after work I iced my leg/hip for a good long time. This morning, at the gym, I did a very low-impact elliptical program for about 12 minutes (didn't want to push it), then I moved over to the spin bike that is in the general area of the gym. Wonder of wonders, it didn't hurt. I tried all of the positions and transitions and it was okay!

And what is more, I saw my spin instructor in the women's locker room. I told her what had happened and that I would be back next week, and she told me that even if I just came and took it easy (adding and subtracting resistance but ignoring the other instructions) that that would be fine. She didn't ask me why I hadn't been there, but I just needed her to know how much spin rocks my world and that I fully intended to be back in the saddle next week.

No comments: