Sunday, June 17, 2007

The biggest problem in my world right now is that my phone will not come on if it's not hooked up to its charger. Not sure what happened, but the problem has persisted for hours. Other than this snag, it's been a tremendously productive day.

My sisters came over last night (this morning, more like) at 1 a.m. so we could all be together for part of father's day--we wanted to spend time remembering our dad together. They left at a little before 9 this morning (we didn't go to sleep until 3:30 or so) because Crystal had plans with her husband and his family.

Soon after they were gone, I went to the grocery store and did a pretty big shop. I managed to get to the gym for a 45-minute session on the elliptical, did some abs, obliques, and lateral/delts work, then came back home to begin a marathon cooking session. It's going to be hella hot all week, and if I can arrange my life such that I don't have to use the oven or the stove much at all till next weekend, that would be fine with me.

Apparently, once I got going, I could not be stopped, because I also did my laundry, dewinterized my closets (put away all thermal overshirts, cable knit sweaters, scarves, hats, and gloves), changed a light bulb in one closet, threw some stuff away, prepared a bag of things to give to my sister Caryl (if she doesn't want them, they'll also get tossed), and prepared my gym bag for tomorrow morning so I won't have to take too much time with all that at 5 a.m.

Caryl is actually coming back to my place on Tuesday night (after a gig) and is staying through Thursday morning, so I'll get a bit more time with her before the summer starts full force. I have a feeling it's going to be a busy one...

No comments: