Friday, June 22, 2007

2 pounds, baby!

As of this morning, I'm down two pounds from last week (a total of 5, I believe). That's my good news for the time being.

On other fronts, what a great weekend this is turning out to be! I got together, somewhat spontaneously, with my friend Kim, her husband, and their adorable son for dinner down at Harborplace. Because I am cash poor,they treated, which was so wonderfully generous. Kim's good example was awesome, because I followed her lead and ordered a very delicious, healthful meal full of all the good things I like to eat--salmon, avocado, and grilled vegetables over verdant lettuce leaves. I had water to drink.

But even more wonderful than the meal, was seeing someone I care about so much, and on a Friday night--when I am usually socially bereft. The added bonus is that since the harbor is walking distance (a hearty distance, but walkable all the same)from my apartment, I got in some exercise after dinner.

Tomorrow, I'm going to the office first thing in the morning to try to finish up a few things and then going to the gym when it opens at 8 for a cardio fix. Tomorrow night, I'm seeing a play with friends, and then on Sunday Sarah and I will see another play at a small theatre in my neighborhood.

It's really good for me to be busy right now. Keeps my mind off other stuff...

No comments: