Monday, June 04, 2007

The Verdict is In

No spin tomorrow. I went to the gym as usual this morning to see what, if any, cardio I can do (pulled my left quad). I got on the elliptical first and found that I could move forward and backward with no real pain or aggravation. Next I tried the regular stationary bikes and it was immediately clear that that specific peddling motion puts stress on my strain (or whatever it is). I ended up on the tread for a half hour (I figured it would cause the least stress and that something is better than nothing), walking at a brisk pace. After a while, even that made me feel aware of the muscle pull. It didn't hurt, but I could tell that if I did anything more strenuous than that, that I would end up regretting it. After the tread, I did some minimal reps on the abs weight machine.

To say that I am disappointed is putting it mildly. Nothing has ever made me feel like a spin class, not even my beloved elliptical. I love the way it uses my muscle groups, I like that when I leave the spinning studio I am absolutely drenched with sweat, and I particularly appreciated that I could already see the way spinning is cutting my waist, my quads, and my glutes.

Well, that I may live to spin another day, I'm going to cool it this week, invest in some ace bandages, and icy hot and just tread and lift.

No comments: